Friday 23 January 2009

A typical example of the financial downturn

I have been away for a while so I have not been able to update my blog. One of my travels included a trip to Germany where I needed to rent a car to be able to get to my customer. Usually I always go for the cheapest car but this time (despite the fact that I pre-booked one) there where no cheap cars available. The poor girl at the rental firm excused her by telling me that she never been out of "cheap" cars before. Instead she offered me (for the same price of course) an MB S 350 L...a car that makes the Hummer look shy. It also had some practical consequences...such as; it took me almost 50 km to figure out how to start the radio. The car was also equipped with necessities such a fan in the seat, a radar that prevented me from running into the car in front of night and night vision. The fan was really fun, every time I went into a right hand corner the right side if my seat was blown up (and vice versa) to prevent me from falling out of the chair. The downside was of course the amount of petrol it used (you need to have your oil company to run it) and it took two parking spaces.

What does this has to do with IT security then...not much but two things comes to my mind; products gets more and more functionality (less point products..) and what would happen if a car like that got hacked?

No comments: