Wednesday 12 August 2009

How to survive vacation?

I do not know about you but being away from the office could be quite stressful for me..I need to be in the loop. Luckily enough I have an understanding wife and I work in a company that makes remote working possible. This year I added to the technical infrastructure in my boat by installing a wireless router that I connected to my 3G data card. That made it possible for both me and my wife to "work" and use Internet...even on a remote island (and mostly in the rain..). I now had the same access as if I was in the office.
I had one technical problem this summer...when I learned that mobile phones do not swim very well. Skype helped me to overcome that burden until I could buy a new phone.
Sitting in my boat I realised that all this has created a new level of freedom, just a couple of years ago this would have been impossible or very expensive. Now it is easy and actually quite cheap. My wife in the end had a slightly other view..she told me that I now gone from working full time to working all-the-time.

No comments: