Monday 8 December 2008

Big Brother or Big Mother

I am born in the sixties and during my whole life I have learned that our government wants to know everything about us to be able control us, something that we usually called Big Brother. I wonder how many people that actually understand how much we do that can be controlled and monitored. Every time you use a mobile phone the operator knows where you are, every time you use a credit card the purchase is registered, every time you access a web page you are registered. Thank God that no one puts all that data together…that would be awful…
Funny enough it looks like we accept monitoring if it is for our own good, we accept CCTV as an example. Now our government (and others) launch more and more services to “help” us, I got an offer this morning for a service whereas I could monitor the whereabouts of my teenage daughter through her mobile phone. These are examples of what I call Big Mother, it is for our own good!
Funny enough we have more and more customers calling us because they want to encrypt all data, internally as well as externally to avoid monitoring.

No comments: