Friday 27 February 2009

Confirmed...Cloud computing is still just a hype...

I read an article yesterday regarding a study in Sweden. The study was about companies intentions to start using so called cloud computing. The definition of cloud was set to resemble to buy applications as a service. I still wonder from a business perspective was the difference is between outsourcing, ASP and the cloud...but I guess I am un-educated in this matter.
The study showed that most companies where not interested to enter this market until (and this makes me really happy..) before they could feel confident about security and reliability.
Maybe we now start to see the shift that I have been waiting for where security is treated as a part of the business process inside a company instead of a technical issue that has to be fixed at the end. I will celebrate tonight....

No comments: