Tuesday 15 September 2009

Thin clients...now on Mobile phones

I have worked with mobile users and applications for several years. I have seen the transition from "oh I am so happy to have emails on my phone" to something that are a part of the organisations IT access architecture. The problem has been (and still is) that it is almost impossible to create applications that works with all mobile operating systems...or phones. I spoke to some friends in the industry yesterday and the answer seems to be simple...use the web browser in the phone and connect to the Intranet through an VPN. Simple, secure and cost effective. Now when the mobile networks are so good it is not necessary to carry around the data. Why create solutions that are un-necessary. I even have customers who run terminal servers on their mobile phones.